Right click hold down delay

Hi there, long time CAD user here trying out Bricscad. I'm currently evaluating the 30 trial and so far I am quite impressed. I am most likely going to make the switch I (have been annoyed with the subscription model since it was implemented). I have been able to sort out some of the feature tweaks I need but I have one that is slowing me down quite a bit when drafting. That being the right click hold down feature to get the edit menu. I use this constantly for copy selection, move etc. so having to hold down the button slows me down and if I click quickly out of habit I need to deselect and try again. I'm sure I will get used to it but is there is a way to make this function full time right click without the need to it hold down? I have seen some threads related to changing SHORTCUT menu to 7 but that brings up a different menu and still needs the right click held down. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• I don't use right-click, but I just discovered that in order to use it to get context menus I would have to hold it down quite a while. If I don't hold it down, it acts as another equivalent to Enter or Space.

But when I turned off QUAD (via a toggle at the very bottom of the screen, near the right end), that stopped. Now it only gives me context menus. My SHORTCUTMENU variable is 7 and my SHORTCUTMENUDURATION variable is 250.

• ^ that is correct.

The strange RMB click option menu activation is just because of the
    existence of the Quad menu.
    If you don't like it, just switch Quad OFF.

I needed years to get used to the Quad but meanwhile I am familiar
    with at and really like it. At least I use it far more often than standard
    RMB option menu. So for me it is ok to click a little longer when I really
    need to access RMB options.
    (Similar to a looong LMB click to select an object + activate the "Manipulator"
    at the same time)

• @Anthony Apostolaros said:
    I don't use right-click, but I just discovered that in order to use it to get context menus I would have to hold it down quite a while. If I don't hold it down, it acts as another equivalent to Enter or Space.

But when I turned off QUAD (via a toggle at the very bottom of the screen, near the right end), that stopped. Now it only gives me context menus. My SHORTCUTMENU variable is 7 and my SHORTCUTMENUDURATION variable is 250.

Thank you Anthony! Exactly what I was looking for!

• @Michael Mayer said:
    ^ that is correct.

The strange RMB click option menu activation is just because of the
    existence of the Quad menu.
    If you don't like it, just switch Quad OFF.

I needed years to get used to the Quad but meanwhile I am familiar
    with at and really like it. At least I use it far more often than standard
    RMB option menu. So for me it is ok to click a little longer when I really
    need to access RMB options.
    (Similar to a looong LMB click to select an object + activate the "Manipulator"
    at the same time)

Interesting. This works great but now I guess I need to read up a bit on the QUAD option to see what I am missing out on. No idea if the Manipulator is something for me but with that name I have to try it! Right now I just want to get into my regular ACAD workflow so I can deliver this project and then I will start to dig into some of the Briscad features that aren't in ACAD. I've already seen a couple of nice layer and block features. So far quite impressed. I have a feeling I will be making the move. I've had the trial for 2 days and honestly it's only slowed me down a bit to find a few settings. I have a feeling the transition will be pretty quick! I'll be happy to cancel my ACAD subscription!

• Right now I just want to get into my regular ACAD workflow so I can deliver this project and then I will start to dig into some of the Briscad features that aren't in ACAD.

Then set Bricscad's Settings to fully Autocad legacy experience first
    to get used into it. Ask for any unexpected behavior here on the Forum.
    There are many users with in depth Autocad knowledge helping.

Once you are familiar, you can explore Bricscad's own features.
    But these are mostly for 3D, like Direct Modeling, AI and BIM Tools.

• @Michael Mayer said:

Right now I just want to get into my regular ACAD workflow so I can deliver this project and then I will start to dig into some of the Briscad features that aren't in ACAD.

Then set Bricscad's Settings to fully Autocad legacy experience first
    to get used into it. Ask for any unexpected behavior here on the Forum.
    There are many users with in depth Autocad knowledge helping.

Once you are familiar, you can explore Bricscad's own features.
    But these are mostly for 3D, like Direct Modeling, AI and BIM Tools.

Thanks! I haven't found any presets for ACAD legacy but I have found most of the settings I need to get the interface close to what I'm used to. The settings interface is a bit different than what I am used to but I am finding what I need after a bit of searching. I think in terms of work flow I am already back up to speed! So far not seeing any reason not to make the change.

• Basically Bricscad is 99% Autocad feature and usability compatible.
    There are only slight differences. Plus some extras.

Settings is one of the little aberrant things, where Bricscad chose its
    own way (to have all Settings available from a single place).
    But most Autocad users should get familiar with these very easily.