Midpoint snap broken in Drawing Views - latest BricsCAD 22.1.06 on Windows 10

Some midpoint snaps are not working in BC 22, but works in 21. Also Drawing views loose associativity very easily and the dimensions are not reliable at all - in contrast to AutoCAD!
There is no way to global default switch Anchoring to "on" or "off" - You have to do it for every view manually - a lot of manual work. Drawing Views need a lot of attention - it is such a base functionality for a CAD program!

Comments

• Can you post an example of midpoint snaps which aren't working? I just fired-up V22 and every mid which I expected to be a snap point was successful. Similarly with the drawing view issues.
  • Here we go - in a more complex furniture the midsnap is worse.
    "You are not allowed to upload files in this category"????

• More on this. While ago I asked why some dimensions turns red, but nobody answered. I guess because they lost associativity, but I'm not sure! It is very frustrating and dangerous because You don't know if the dimensions are correct or not! See the following screenshots:

• Hi cadmaster

Sorry to hear you are having a trouble with the dims and snaps. You are correct - when a dimension loses associativity, it will turn red automatically when you update the section/viewport.

May I ask if you are using the latest V22.1.06 version? Otherwise, I would suggest you to submit a support ticket for the snaps, and a separate feature request for a more obvious warning of element/dim disassociativity.

Many thanks.

Kin
  • Yes, using v22.1.06 on Windows 10. I guess Drawing Views are 2d under the hood and that is why it cannot snap to the actual 3d geometry - edges, faces and vertices as seen in the paper space viewports where the 3d osnaps actually works.