setting up custom command

Hi,

I've looked at various docs and it's still not clear in my head how to get something done.

For example, I use extrude tools a lot. One of the modes I use quiet a bit is extrude to limit. Is there a way to add to the ribbon an icon that automatically sets up extrude to limit? Meaning select the icon, then select the face to extrude, then the object to extrude to and done. Not need to go through the keyboard steps to select limit.

I think the way I would to it it to add to the extrude button in the ribbon to now be a multi choice button.

Comments

• In Direct Modeling there is a "Connect with Nearest"
    (or has always been)

Unfortunately, in BIM mode, it still appears in the QUAD,
    but I can't find it in the Menu Bar anymore ....

Ah, found it in the Ribbon's "Modeling" TAB.
    (right from point cloud tools)
  • Joel_l
    edited December 2021
    I have the Pro version and I don't see that option anywhere.
  • AFAIK Direct Modeling should be included in the Pro Version.

It was always available in free Bricscad Shape too.

https://help.bricsys.com/document?title=_guides/BCAD_installation_and_licensing/GD_feature_comparison.html&documentVersion=V22
    says it is there ..... (search site for "connect")

Could be it was renamed ...
    "Connect with Nearest" is internally called : _TConnect

Maybe a legacy Tool, replaced by newer : _tconnect

The new Tools are called L Connect and T Connect .....
  • I found TCONNECT and LCONNECT in the ribbon, TCONNECT seems to do the job.

Thanks
    Joel
  • From the 'Managing Toolboxes' article:
    https://staging-helpcenter.bricsys.com/document?title=_guides/BCAD_customization/GD_managingtoolboxes.html

* Syntax to create command macros:

Start the macro with ^c^c, the equivalent of pressing the Esc key twice, which first ends a running command if necessary.
    Type an underscore (_) in front of a command name if you want to use the macro in a non-English version of BRICSCAD.
    A period (.) in front of a command name ensures that the macro still works if this command is temporarily undefined.
    A minus sign (-) in front of a command launches the Command line version of a command, thus preventing the command dialog window to open.
    A semicolon (;) is the equivalent of pressing the Enter key, e.g. to accept a default prompt option.
    A backslash (\) temporarily pauses the macro to allow user input, e.g. specifying a point.
    In the following macro: ^c^c_-layer;m;InteriorWalls;;mline

^c^c concludes a running command, if any.
    -layer; launches the -LAYER command.
    m; selects the Make new current layer option.
    InteriorWalls makes the InteriorWalls layer current and creates it first if necessary.
    ;;mline concludes the -LAYER command and launches the MLINE command.
  • Thanks for the pointer!