Pro versus Mechanical

Trying to find info on what is and isn't included in the two versions in the title.
I want a 2D and 3D capable package with Sheetmetal included, does Pro have Sheetmetal or is it only in Mechanical?
I downloaded the trial but neglected to ascertain if Sheetmetal was exclusive to only Mechanical.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello Brien,

If you want 2D and Sheet metal you need the Mechanical version.
    The pro version only gives you limited 3D functions.
    The trail gives you The Ultimate version (which includes all versions).

With kind regards,
    Robert
  • Hi Brien,

If you wish to see a list comparing features of our Pro and Mechanical products, you can go to the following link on our website: https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/bricscad-pro/compare
    Here you can select 3 different products at a time to compare. Hopefully this gives you an overview of what to expect in each product.

If you wish to experience the difference when using the BricsCAD Trial, you can toggle a setting to set a license level. If you use the command "SETTINGS", then in the settings window search for "RunAs". Then you should find a setting where you can select your license level.
    The Trial will give you access to all our products, for a limited time, with the "Ultimate" license.
    If you wish to only use the Pro license and the tools available in this license, you can toggle the setting to "Pro", but keep in mind that you need to restart the software before the license setting takes effect.
    And likewise if you wish to use the Mechanical license you can toggle the setting accordingly and restart the software. Also keep in mind that the Mechanical license contains all features in Pro, but will add things such as Sheet metal which is exclusive to the Mechanical license.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Fredrik
  • Robert said:

Hello Brien,

If you want 2D and Sheet metal you need the Mechanical version.
    The pro version only gives you limited 3D functions.
    The trail gives you The Ultimate version (which includes all versions).

With kind regards,
    Robert

Thankyou Robert, much appreciated.
  • Hi Brien,

If you wish to see a list comparing features of our Pro and Mechanical products, you can go to the following link on our website: https://www.bricsys.com/en-intl/bricscad-pro/compare
    Here you can select 3 different products at a time to compare. Hopefully this gives you an overview of what to expect in each product.

If you wish to experience the difference when using the BricsCAD Trial, you can toggle a setting to set a license level. If you use the command "SETTINGS", then in the settings window search for "RunAs". Then you should find a setting where you can select your license level.
    The Trial will give you access to all our products, for a limited time, with the "Ultimate" license.
    If you wish to only use the Pro license and the tools available in this license, you can toggle the setting to "Pro", but keep in mind that you need to restart the software before the license setting takes effect.
    And likewise if you wish to use the Mechanical license you can toggle the setting accordingly and restart the software. Also keep in mind that the Mechanical license contains all features in Pro, but will add things such as Sheet metal which is exclusive to the Mechanical license.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Fredrik

Thankyou for the link Fredrik.
    Cheers!
  • Joe Dunfee
    edited January 2022
    A few days ago, I was trying to do the same comparison. Though, in my case, I was mostly focused on the ability to create 2d parametric blocks that use a design table.

I looked at what I thought was the Pro user manual, but it also seemed to list items that were only on Mechanical. So, I wonder if there is only one online manual, and the online version doesn't distinguish what features are available in what version. [edit - i just rechecked. And it seems the LT and Pro versions are one manual. The Mechanical manual was included, but under a different heading]

I did look at the link with the comparison chart that Fredrik provided. However, they don't list parametric 2D blocks at all. Rather, only 3D Parametric design tables. [Edit... the online manual does specifically list 2D parametric blocks. So, the comparison table is not exhaustive.]

Maybe there is no such thing as a 2D parametric block. Or perhaps the list is not an exhaustive list of features.

-Joe
  • The more I read, the more questions I have. Now it is looking like design tables are only available for 3D parametric models. Is there such a thing as a table-driven parametric 2D block in BricsCAD ?

-Joe