Slow opening DWG file

Hi,
I have a large DWG file (60MB). It's an architectural drawing with a lot of blocks and vegetation. I can open it with no issues on Autocad. But BricsCad takes more than 1 hour. What could it be? Proxy? Dynamic Input?

here the file: https://we.tl/t-XuPa7HaTv4

Many thanks

Comments

• There are a few things that might be causing issues:
    1. TcpMDT has been used and it has created some proxy object(s) though it doesn't seem to be the cause of the slow opening.
    2. There are some missing xrefs to local files in a user account as well as xrefs to files located in Dropbox, if your internet connection is slow this may be a cause for BricsCAD taking a while to open the file. My guess about why AutoCAD is opening it without issues is that the file(s) may have been opened in AutoCAD before and there might be a local cache.

That being said, it does open without issues here too other than the mention of the proxy objects here, though it takes a minute or two, three for the file to be completely loaded into BricsCAD. After that it is working ok.

You could file a support requestand have Bricsys support take a look at the drawings to see if there might be something in them that causes your problems.
  • 00D1_sec_alç.dwg opens fine on V21, while it indeed does not open as it should in V22.
    Using recover on the two other drawings clears quite some errors in the databases, but this does not seem to do the trick.
    Renaming the two files to 00d1_sec_alc_AIA.dwg and 00d1_sec_alc_BB.dwg to prevent automatic loading confirmed that the problem is in loading 00d1_sec_alc_BB.dwg. I do not have time to drill deeper - since the problem is absent in V21, you should open a SR to get this regression fixed (and probably revert to V21 to finish your work).
  • I downloaded and was able to open the dwgs with V22.06. The "BB" dwg took about 2 minutes, while the other 2 took about 10 seconds each. Part of the delay is the missing Xref's and .dst., the other part is the proxy graphics. Attached is the dwg history, and proxy error.

Submitting a Support Request within BOA can provide additional support from our Global Technical Staff and Development Teams. https://bricsys.com/protected/support/NewSupportRequest.do
  • Many may thaks. I'll try to apply your suggestions or eventually contact the SR.
    Appreciate that!