Pickfirst behaviour changed in .dll addons from V21 to V22 Windows

This might sound a bit random, but before I send an SR can anybody shed any light on this scenario?

I have a few addons that are .dll's

In V21 I was able to select entities before invoking the commands in the addon and they acted on the preselection.

Now when I do exactly the same thing in V22 I can no longer use the preselection and I am asked to make a new selection?

Sometimes using P (Previous) works but not in all cases.

I thought it was just one addon I had written for me that was doing it, but I also have the free Group Manager by Dotsoft and this is also displaying the same traits.

I have PICKFIRST set to 1, so it should be working correctly.

Anybody else noticed this or is it just me and I have another setting somewhere turned off?

Comments

• I guess the change is caused by this from the V22.1.04 release notes:
    The implied selection set is now cleared when starting .NET commands without the 'UsePickSet' and/or 'Redraw' command flags.
  • Thanks Owen, I wonder why you would want to clear a selection set after selecting it before running a command of your choice?

Bricscad doesn't normally support persistent selection between commands so I wonder why someone submitted an SR for it?

So the PICKFIRST variable has to take a back seat in this instance?

Isn't that a bit counterintuitive, shouldn't the .NET routine by default honour the users existing settings without you having to add additional rules into it?

So I am now having to pay my developer to add back in a feature that was previously there and honoured the PICKFIRST setting :-(