Is there anyway to fix this in PDF attachments? V21

The not-so-bad's here are that things seem to print just fine. And if I set the "adjust colors for background" option to "no", things seem to fix themselves.

It's ugly but if this is a side effect of having faster PDF attachment performance then I would say leave it. Slow PDF's are much worse. Here's a close up for additional info:

Also, it doesn't respond to fading.

Comments

• The first Image looks like the PDF contains only Raster Image information,
    like a Scan or Photo.

The second image looks a bit like an attempt to trace a rasterized graphic
    into a vector format. Unlikely JPEG artifacts (?). But to be honest, I have never
    seen something like this before :smile:

Can you snap to it (= Vector Data) in Bricscad ?

Is your problem just about legibility in Bricscad's Drawing Window ?
    (Have you checked PDF resolution settings and automatic in Bricscad's
    Settings ?
  • It's a raster PDF. The glitch doesn't reproduce in other programs (not in GstarCAD and not on my work laptop with AutoCAD). It happens with quite a few different PDF's and it's exclusive to BricsCAD. I haven't investigated it but rather have just gotten used to it.

These days, I will almost never attach a PDF with vector info, I'll just import it instead. Way more control that way especially if the PDF had layers.

To be honest it's better this than a slow laggy PDF attachment. Especially given that it prints fine.
  • > These days, I will almost never attach a PDF with vector info, I'll just import it instead. Way more control that way especially if the PDF had layers.

Here too.
    As the PDF resolution usually isn't enough and you will just get ugly numbers when snapping.
    And activating Snap usually slows you down.
    Like in Vectorworks. Or it will constantly recreate the View after any zoom level change.
    In VW a Raster PDF is much faster. I mostly use it with a Grid Snap instead.

But Bricscad did some changes for PDFs in the past (Bricscad V19 ?)
    It will now keep the whole image cached in the GPU which makes it much faster.
    It will only recreate the PDF in View when you exceed a certain zoom level.
    But with that change there also came some changes in Bricscad Settings.
    Like you can set a resolution for the resulting cached Image - maybe your's is set too low ?
  • RSW
    RSW
    edited January 2022
    Does it improve when you switch the dwg file background colour to white? In the past I've noticed in both AutoCAD and BricsCAD that PDF's that are black lines on white look considerably better when the background colour is white because the colour inversion gives results like in the images you posted.