How to insert a window

Hallo everyone, I am quite new in Bricscad, I was searching for the answet to my questions but I could not find anything.

I would like to inster a window in a wall (brick and some insulation), but the problem is, that in the future I have to export an IFC file with all construction elements (brics, beton and so on).
Is there some option to select, isolate and export only brics part of the wall?
Or schould I model it as a two walls and cut holes in insulation-wall?

Thank you for your help,

Comments

• Hi Piekaro,

First of all, welcome to BricsCAD! I assume you are looking for answers for BricsCAD BIM?

There are several ways of putting a window in - one of which is this: https://help.bricsys.com/document?title=_guides/BIM_modeling_techniques/GD_bimwindowcreate.html&documentVersion=V22

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to export just a ply off a wall composition. What I would suggest is to create 3 individual plies - 1 for brick, 1 for insulation (or leave this as a cavity) and 1 for your internal structure/ finish which i assume is beton in your case, if you foresee this as an easier way to do so. Otherwise, another workaround is to model your walls normally, and at the end of it, do a "save as" and replace those walls with a new composition which contains only 1 layer of brick. You only have to make sure your location line and setting out position of the bricks are correct.

Hope this helps.

Kin
  • > @Kin said:
    > Hi Piekaro,
    >
    > First of all, welcome to BricsCAD! I assume you are looking for answers for BricsCAD BIM?
    >
    > There are several ways of putting a window in - one of which is this: https://help.bricsys.com/document?title=_guides/BIM_modeling_techniques/GD_bimwindowcreate.html&documentVersion=V22
    >
    > Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to export just a ply off a wall composition. What I would suggest is to create 3 individual plies - 1 for brick, 1 for insulation (or leave this as a cavity) and 1 for your internal structure/ finish which i assume is beton in your case, if you foresee this as an easier way to do so. Otherwise, another workaround is to model your walls normally, and at the end of it, do a "save as" and replace those walls with a new composition which contains only 1 layer of brick. You only have to make sure your location line and setting out position of the bricks are correct.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Kin

It would be nice if there was a way to explode said wall into the individual plies though
  • Hi,

I consulted a colleague who mentioned using the command BIMDECOMPOSE as a workaround. It breaks down the wall into their individual plies and becomes a block reference without any wall composition properties etc. Could be helpful if it aligns with your workflows.

Hope this helps,

Kin
  • Hi Kin,

Thank you for your tips,
    I am trying to make it with two walls. IFC export works perfectly fine, and the windows are also in a good position.