About over all scale

Hi all!

I often have to modify the dimension style Edit > Fit > Overall Scale when dimensioning a part drawing.

Right now, I click on the dimension style shown in the bottom status bar, launch Edit Dimension Style, and then
I select the overall scale.

Is it possible to use a macro or something to easily modify the overall scale?

Thank you

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited February 2022
    I use the lisp-based custom command in the attached file (couldn't get the forum to display the code correctly).

It sets Dim Scale Overall for any dimensions and leaders in the selection set, and ignores any other entities.

To use it, save the attached file to your disk. Then:
    - pull down Tools > Load Application;
    - click on the tiny icon with the red dot ("Add Application File");
    - browse to that file;
    - and check the "AutoLoad" box for that line.

The command is SF, but you can change that to anything you want (for example, change c:SF to c:DimScale,
    and maybe rename the file DimScale.LSP).
    Execute the command, then type the Dimscale value that you want applied to the selected entities, then Enter.

It leaves all the dimensions & leaders selected.
    If you use PickAdd, you probably won't want it to do that -- just put a semi-colon in front of this line: (if ss1 (sssetfirst nil ss1)).
  • @Anthony Apostolaros
    Thank you for your answer.
    However, the Lisp you taught me is to extract a dimension object that is already written and change the dimension scale, right?
    I would like to change the dimension scale before filling in the dimensions.

I found out that the overall scale is a variable DimScale.
    I will try to set an alias for the DimScale variable or use a macro.

Thank you very much!
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding, Saitoib. It sounds like Dimscale is all you need. I have DS as a command alias for that.

Yes, the custom command I posted is for changing the dimscale of existing dimensions and leaders. I use it to change the scale at which a drawing is to be printed, or to make arrowheads & dimension text a little larger or smaller than usual.