New in AutoCAD - Brics could follow?

From today's upFront eZine email edition (though not showing yet in web edition https://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/upfrontezine/):

What's New in AutoCAD
• AutoCAD Automation suggests combining repetitive command sequences into macros.
• My Insights shows users how they employ AutoCAD, and then suggests alternative commands that might be more efficient.

Good ideas - Brics as masters of AI could follow suit.
Brics has AFAIK recently started gathering such info, for similar purposes helpful to the individual user - but I don't see any resulting advice - should I switch something on?

Comments

• ALANH
    edited March 2022
    I had a program that logged the users commands , lets say the GURU guy did 200 the DUD guy did 300 but look at erase and cancel Undo which is better operator. Ps the GURU did a job in 2 days the dud 4 days but used twice the input.

What I am saying is yes have command chaining but I doubt it will help the worst operator. Some you can not help.
  • CALSCRIPT (download from archtools.de/calscript.zip, free license and source code license available) does exactly that. It uses simple scripts for parametric design. Scripts are nothing else but text files containing the command input exactly as ist is required by AutoCAD. When you can draw something in AutoCAD, then you are able to write it into a script, and with CALSCRIPT this can use parameters which can modified later.

CALSCRIPT also brings full GeomCAL (TM Autodesk) functionality to BricsCAD. Many AutoCAD users already have used scripts to automize drawing creation, and often they used GeomCAL math expressions. With CALSCRIPT these scripts can now be executed in BricsCAD too.
  • How does Calscript compare to Macro record ? I know one of the other cad programs not acad wrote like vba code for its macro so was very editable. I think it was ZWCAD. Bit like excel macro record.