ATTSYNC not returning attributes to default location

V21 ATTSYNC always returned block attributes to the default locations. The new V22 does not. Anyone have a fix? This is a critical function as I use hundreds of blocks with many attributes all of which are movable. Any help. I am desperate.

Comments

• Billie
    edited May 2022
    Could you post a sample drawing with only such a block and mark the general position where the attribute should have moved?
  • I have what I think is the same issue:

I have a lisp routine to update old BOM entries(ITEM-T) in our drawings to our newer version (BOM ENTRY).
    It renames some attribute fields, inserts the new block then does an ATTSYNC. This works reliably on Version 20.2.10 but is not working under V22.2.02, 03 or 04.
    I have attached a drawing that is old BOM, the Lisp and also a drawing that is BOM Entry.

There is no need to use the Lisp though as manually it does not work either. I am unable to ATTSYNC the old attributes in "OLD BOM.dwg" any way I try.

To reproduce.
    1. Open Old BOM.dwg
    2. Rename Attribute "ITEM-T" Tag from "DRGNO" to "DRG_NO"
    3. Rename Attribute "ITEM-T" Tag from "DESC" to "DESCRIPTION"
    4. Rename Attribute "ITEM-T" Tag from "MATERIAL" to "REMARKS"
    5. Rename Block "ITEM-T" to "BOM Entry"
    6. Insert the Bom Entry.dwg as a block and redefine the existing one.
    7. Attsync

In version 20 the Attributes stay in the gridlines. In 22.2.02 and 03 they jump to the right. In 22.2.04 they jump a mile away.

Thanks, JC.
  • I have a reply from support that this will be addressed in a future release.
    JC.