Working with arc tool in Bricscad

I migrated from AutoCAD to bricscad over the past year and generally find drafting between the two very similar. Using the arc tool in bricscad seems to be a little more involving though. Two main issues;

Firstly trimming tool specifically where two arcs intersect, I dont seem to be able to find a consistent trim function that always trims at the exact intersection of two arcs, sometimes trim works but often the tool will trim one arc to the intersection of the second and then not the other, or it will trim the first arc line with a gap between the second arc. Is there a tolerance setting somewhere that I am missing so that trimming the intersection between two arcs results in a join?

Secondly I am using the arc tool to draw up certain 2D architectural detail on building elevations from point clouds with the leica cloudworx plugin. All other line commands seem to work fine except arc where I start an arc point and then when picking the centre point or end point of the arc Bricscad command line states "A 2D (not 3D) point is needed. Please try again". It looks like cloudworx sets the UCS up on the elevation view and snap to point cloud is switched off so I shouldn't be drawing in 3D space. I can eventually create the arc if I keep clicking and panning randomly. This is very frustrating.

Any suggestions as workflow is alot slower than it used to be!

Ciara

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited March 2022
    cmacm said:

... often the tool will trim one arc to the intersection of the second and then not the other, or it will trim the first arc line with a gap between the second arc. Is there a tolerance setting somewhere that I am missing so that trimming the intersection between two arcs results in a join?

That never happens with my older version of Bricscad. My arcs always trim correctly to each other, and can then be joined into polylines. I have EDGEMODE = 0. You might check that. If it still doesn't work properly, you should file a support request. Attach a file containing arcs that won't trim properly.