Is there a way to prohibit negative xref scales

Hi I just did a layout drawing in which I used the fabrication drawings xreffed in to prevent errors.
But somehow the xrefs got flipped (negative X scale value). The item is now fabricated wrongly.
So is there a setting that will prevent negative xref scale values ?
From now on I'll do a quick select for all xrefs with negative values. But it would be good to prevent negatives.

Comments

• DFLY said:

..... is there a setting that will prevent negative xref scale values ? .....

The only thing I can think of that might have caused that to happen inadvertently is if the xref insertion was included in the selection set for a Mirror operation. You could make that less likely to happen by creating a custom version of the Mirror command, and making the non-custom version hard to find. The custom version could remove any insertions from the selection set, or warn the user that an insertion is about to be mirrored. Either way, I don't know if it's possible to limit that to insertions of x-refs. The only ways I know to do it would include insertions of blocks -- (0 . "INSERT"), EntityName (RO) = "AcDbBlockReference"
  • I like your idea. I this will be a good project for me. I can make a replacement mirror command that checks to see if the objects mirrored contains and x ref and stops the mirror with a warning. Because I only use the "mi" alias for mirror, all I have to do is redirect the "mi" alias to the newly created mirror.
    I think I'm also going to have to make a drawing check command that checks for mirrored xrefs (and other common errors)