Tiles setting out for Interior elevations

Hallo

I am generating interior elevations for bathrooms using large tiles (150 x 150 cm) and would need to include a tile setting out showing grouting / cut lines abd false colors on the elevations to show installers tiles should be cut and aligned be preserved. See below an example:

1) I tried applying an elevation Hatch in the composition , but that only works with a generic hatch pattern (small size repetitive tile patterns).

2) I tried drawing 3Dpolylines on the elevation where grouting lines will be , but they are not showing up on the elevation view : why ? are simple polylines not projected on the elevations?

3) Another options would be drawing them in 2D layout once the elevation has been generated (last resort...) as a 2D entity but this would be problematic as often these lines need to match bot walls and floors and are studied in 3D.

4) last resort would be to actually model the tiles and then be able to assing materials.

Question is if there is any way to have a 2D polyline show in the section / elevation view ?
Or any other method to rapresent tiles in elevation ?

Thanks

Luca

Comments

• Hi Luca,
    a good approach for lines on top of a face to appear in the section result is to use the IMPRINT command. This 'burns' the lines in the face of the 3d solid, surface or region. To remove these internal edges you can simply select and delete them one by one or use the DMSIMPLIFY command. When you create an internal edge on a surface or region you can use the explode command to create separate entities (e.g. if you want to count the number of tiles).
    Another approach would be to model the tiles individually and make use of the array command.

I hope this can help you further.
  • Thanks

did not know the imprint coomand - very useful thanks !!!!

Luca
  • Years ago I did concrete waffle panels pick a control point and it would place the tiles over a pline and trim. In this case enter tile size and gap. Its not hatch but individual rectangs. It is the one bit of code I dont have anymore but not hard to be recreated. Look at array rectangs then trim to the outer border edge if its a wall I would do with ucs set and the tiles are 1mm off the wall face, then they dont blend into wall.