86 DIMENSIONS

I spent two hours dimensioning my project, when I went to open the drawing this morning I found that All but one dimension was gone. I saved and saved before I closed out and it was clear that the dimensions were there before I shut down. Before I upgraded to 0025 there wasn't any problem, now nothing, nada. Now I have to redo the work I lost. Who can I e-mail so I can thank them for their diligent efforts!

Comments

• please send me the drawing.sander

• Would like to send the dwg but I had to get the project out this morning, so I redimensioned the the project and found that saving the dwg's under different file names avoids the problem...so far. Please forgive me if I was a little cross. If I run into this problem again I'll let you know.Thanks,John Toves

• I don't think saving under a different filename has got anything to do with it, but i won't exclude it.But suppose there is a transformation error ( working in a different ucs, plan view...). I'd like to check the amount of dimensions in your drawing.regards, sanderbricsnet

• Sander,Not directly relating to this I'd like to ask you a question.When will the dims probs be fixed in ICAD. Recently my client (I offer support to) had a re-think whether to move to LT. Luckily they decided to stay with ICAD in the hope the bugs that bug them will be fixed soon.The major major major MAJOR problem right now is with dims. When they dimension with the dim text above the dim line (so that vertical text is written side wise) they get larger offset (from the bottom of text to the dim line) with the vertical text as compared with the horizontal text.The only way to do vertical text is to rotate the UCS so that ICAD thinks it's doing horizontal dims.The bug lays in the DIMTVP variable I think.I need to let them know that you are working on it and what sort of time frame you have in mind to correct the bug.Please reply this is serious. They use 0025 but the problem has been there at least since 0016.Andreas Vasiliou

• To John and Louis,Thank you for your direct e-mails re my earlier post concerning DIMTVP. I have now managed to follow your instructions [ :) it takes a while but I get there in the end!! :) ] and found the CENTER option for the Vertical text. This made me very happy and my client will be even happier when I tell them on monday.Thanks again to both of you. Icad is now back up there with the best programs!!RegardsAndreas

• I don't think saving under a different filename>has got anything to do with it, but i won't>exclude it.>But suppose there is a transformation error (>working in a different ucs, plan view...).>I'd like to check the amount of dimensions in>your drawing.>>regards, sander>bricsnetSend me you e-mail adx via ilanr1@aol.com and I'll send you my drawings. Also, something I was thinking about yesterday. Could this happen again with multiple dim styles enclosed in the drawings?Thanks,John Toves

• John,If you are after anyones e-mail address, just click on their name (this will take you to your e-mail program ready) or move your mouse over their name and look at the status line on your web browser. This will display their name. Sander's should read: icaddev@bricsnet.comGood luckAVPS Thanks again for that CRC correction utility!!

• CRC correction util?Could you let me in on this? I'd like to have it too :)regards, sander, bricsnet

• Sander, would be glad to send you the crc application.John

• John and Sander,Unfortunately the utility did not work on my dwg as it was done in R9. The util works on R11 - R14.Good util to have on hand though for future reference.Thanks againAndreas

• I got the util from john, and it's a codepage converting util from autodesk. It's not a utility for repairing broken headers.I think the drawing is a version 11-12 drawing.You can check this in a hex editor. First word is AC1009 which is version 11-12. Compare with drawings you save as version 9 to 15.sander

• Sander,The first word is AC1009. I thought it was R9 though. My problem is that I don't know anything about HEX. I have a couple HEX editors I downloaded but don't make sense to me.Although the dwg this time can be re-created without too much effort It would be nice to have or know of a company that offers such services (repairing old dwgs). There's an opportunity for the HEX knowledgeble to supply such a service!Thanks again and If anyone wishes to play around with the broken dwg I can e-mail it to them or go through the painful steps in finding it under the 'Customer Files' area on the ACAD discussion board (around date 30/31 May 2001 - RE: Bad CRC dwg)ThanksAV

• AV, Please send me the drawing and I'll take a look at it, if it is a R-9 dwg I still have my old cad program and i'll try and open it. By the way would you think a dwg viewer would work as opposed to Icad?John

• How to identify dwg version in hex:acad 9 is AC1004acad 10 is AC1006acad 11 is AC1009acad 13 is AC1012acad 14 is AC1014acad15 is AC1015regards, sander

This discussion has been closed.