BIM Space generated drawing issue

Being a long time bricscad user I suddenly realized a strange behavior. BIM space boundaries appear to occlude that of other entities directly behind it, so even as BIM Space boundary lines don't project by default the lines of entities directly behind it aren't visible either. For example, the background lines of say a slab entity are not visible where directly aligned with a space boundary. Even the use of drawing customization to customize space boundary lines does not make them visible like they use to. Pls is this the new behaviour or is something wrong at my end, and if so how can I remedy this?

Comments

• Jtlive, I also noticed this behaviour when freezing the layer BIM_ROOM_LINES in the resulting viewport, all lines under the section plane are missing, like the inner wall edge of windows, slabs etc. Let's hope there will be a fix in the next update.
  • Hi,
    In V22 we improved the association mechanism between 2d and 3d model by eliminating double lines (that could cause trouble later on when assigning tags, because you don't know what line will be tagged).
    The best way to be sure that the line is there is to put the hidden lines on
  • Conham
    edited April 2022
    Thank's for your explanation Piet! I could now make the needed underlying layers visible and leave the rest frozen, but I also got another twenty layers added on the resulting drawing with the suffix Hidden lines. I guess those layers were before "merged" into the background layer group?
  • Ok, thank you Piet, I'll try it out
  • > @Conham said:
    > Jtlive, I also noticed this behaviour when freezing the layer BIM_ROOM_LINES in the resulting viewport, all lines under the section plane are missing, like the inner wall edge of windows, slabs etc. Let's hope there will be a fix in the next update.

I hope so too
  • After some experience I'm not satisfied when bim spaces removes underlaying background lines of building elements. I can understand the decision from a technical point of view, but it will not help me as an architect to easily get the correct lines of the building elements visible. The idea with boundary and background lines makes it easy to control lineweights and freeze and thaw lines to get the correct look of the drawing, but bim spaces are not building elements. They can perhaps be categorized as annotations or data carrying objects and should therefore never be allowed to hide physical building elements like walls and slabs.

By putting the hidden lines on you can sometimes get the right lines visible, but if a volume section is not used to limit the depht to the actual storey, the walls, slabs of the underlaying storey will also get visible. This is is just not working. So please look over this "improvement" again so we can avoid to put the hidden lines on.