Using VLX Lisp programs for V14

I had mentioned this on another thread, but feel it deserves its own thread.

I have a VLX Lisp program that I need to use on my BricsCAD v14 Pro. The online LISP manual says that BrisCAD can use them, but needed a special file that is not distributed with the original installation. It gives a link to a file that would seem to be a tool to permit BricsCAD to use it, but the link is dead. http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/doctools/#tools

I contacted BricsCAD support, but their reply is simply that BricsCAD doesn't support the use of encrypted LISP programs. But, here is what the online LISP documentation says,
--------------------
LISP Encryption; A command line tool that uses hard encryption to encrypt LISP files. BricsCAD supports this type of encryption.

NOTE: The tool is not delivered with BricsCAD. Download LISP encryption tool.
To load an encrypted LISP file

Loading an encrypted LISP file works the same way as loading a normal (non encrypted) LISP file.

BricsCAD automatically decrypts the encrypted LISP file in order to be able to use it. This decrypted LISP requires protection. The BricsCAD LISP protection mechanism replaces the decrypted LISP by the word "PROTECTED" when the decrypted LISP code or parts of it are extracted at runtime to be printed to the command line, to a file or to an entity.
------------------

So, BricsCAD is abandoning the hosting of files for older BricsCAD versions. In fact, I realize now that things like the developer reference, which is hard-wired to refer to an on-line web page, may disappear eventually.

So, I guess it is up to our fellow users to keep BricsCAD v14 working.

Does anyone else have the helper file that is needed to allow BricsCAD to use the VLX files?

-Joe

Comments

• Tech support just replied again, and said that BricsCAD never supported the use of VLX files, and that the web site is wrong. They said to contact the developer and have them provide the original Lisp, or use BricsCAD's DEScoder.exe tool to encode it.

I went to the developer's web site [CAD Studio, Now part of Arkance Systems) and see that it is one of their free downloads. So, I have doubts that they want to provide this level of support for an old, free, product.

Has anyone here had success with using VLX files with BricsCAD (any version)?

I've checked online for more advice, and see that there is (or was) a utility to decrypt a VLX file. Though, I have not found such a utility.

-Joe