BricsCAD Lite won't start - it just hangs at the white intro/welcome dialog box

v22 won't start for me.

It was working when I first installed it at upgrade, but I did notice it had gotten more and more unreliable until it now no longer opens.

I can open previous versions, v21 is no problem, but v22 just won't start.

I've tried a repair and I've done an uninstall / reinstall and that didn't fix anything either.

Any ideas please?

I'm on Windows 10.

(I'm a lite user of CAD software, are there anywhere else files are stored other than under Program Files?)

Comments

• Hi

I am so sorry to hear this is happening on your machine and this is most unusual. Have you sent a service request ticket to our technical support?

Until now, have you had any system restore points that you can revert back to, before looking into meddling with your computer registry?
  • Hi Kin,

I renamed what was in the AppData folder (can't remember the exact full name) and restarted BricsCAD and it recreated that default folder and it's been okay since.

Those files must have gotten corrupted somehow.

Many thanks.
  • Hi 3dvisuals_co_uk,

Glad to hear you managed to get it fixed. Perhaps they must have become corrupted in the midst of things.

What I could suggest you to do, based on some of the best practices as used by other members in this forum is to edit/clear your registry manually, should this issue arise again. However, please understand that doing this is at your own risk, and Bricsys or myself would not be liable for any lost data/damage on your computer. Therefore, you should back up your all the related items, ie. cui, supportfolder, library items etc. before you commit to this.

The steps are as follows:

1 uninstall current version of BricsCAD
    2 erase program folder: "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V22 en_US"
    3 rename folder "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys" to Bricsys1
    4 in windows, search for Registry Editor (type REGEDIT in Windows search bar)
    - erase registry : "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V22×64"
    (please be very careful!!!, as deleting other registry may render your Windows unusable)
    5 download and re-install BricsCAD