Modeling Shell Development for Storage Tanks

I work in engineering for a steel plate fabricator. We specialize in large diameter storage tanks is there any way to make such development faster in BricksCAD. Can Sheet Metal do such Development provided there is a gap between plates joints. Attached file for ref.

Comments

• Hello Ejidris,

I'm sorry but the way you worded your question, makes it a bit difficult to know what information you are looking for. Could you perhaps elaborated on what CAD sysmtem you are currently using and what method of drawing you are currently using?

As for Bricscad, all the drawings you show could be made in Bricscad.
  • Hello robert,

To make it short in Sheet metal there is UNFOLD command such small diameter cylinders/ pressure vessel maybe. My questions is does Bricscad have the ability to make development or unfold such big diameter considering its compose of several plates combine.

The drawing presented is totally 2D drafting only does Bricscad have the capability to do it faster? hope you get what i mean.
  • Ah I think I understand.
    Bricscad can Unfold parts but this had to be done for each individual part. You can't generate a drawing like the first one you attached unfolding multiple bodies at once and let them stay in place.
  • Thanks for your time Robert.