Parametric Block

I am using the "Fix" constrain under the Parametric menu to constrain the insert point and grip. Once I insert the block in my dwg, the fixpoint has moved and is not relative to where I selected. I am new to parametric blocks and struggling to find documentation to help me salve this.

Comments

• GCFIX is used to fix an entity or point on an entity in it's current location. Attach an example where it's been used.

There is quite a bit to parametric blocks. this video gives an introduction to some of the possibilities in V22
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=AJMrrWp8BTc

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • I am on a much older version, so don't have parametric blocks. However, I think you are misusing "Fix". That constraint forces a point or object to stay put and not move. You can fix multiple objects on a parametric drawing.

When making a block, you can use the "BASE" command to tell BricsCAD what point to use when you are inserting that drawing into another drawing as a block. If no base point is set, it uses the origin of the world coordinate system as the base. I think Base is the command you actually want to use.

-Joe
  • Thanks, Guys.
    I have misunderstood the function of FIX. Joe, I used the base option and worked, thx for that. Are there any tutorials that could take me through all the elements of Parametric blocks? Jason, your video helps a lot, but there are things like "Designtabels" if I compare it to AutoCAD, I can not have a column with duplicated description.

e.g. I have two suppliers for the same items. The items are made of different sizes, which differ between the two suppliers. I want to select the supplier and then the relative sized item.

Regards Dawid
  • Again, note that I don't have a new enough version to know for sure.

But, I did find this regarding parametric blocks;
    BricsCAD features the Suppress tool. This feature was added in BricsCAD V20 and allows you to hide any object within a block. Suppressions can be treated like parameters and can be driven by a design table. This is where the design table really shines: you can embed several blocks into a single block definition and assign specifications to your suppressions. If done correctly, selecting a specification from the design table should display only the objects that correspond to that specification, and suppress all others.
    -Joe