How do I put all the text in a layer the same?

Hey, I'm new at bricscad and figuring things out as I go, but I have the following question.

I want when I add text on a layer that it automatically has the correct font, colour and text height?
Is the text that is already present on the layer also adjusted?

Comments

• New text entities are formatted according to the current text style. Since 'text style' is not a layer property, text styles can be used on any layer.
    See https://help.bricsys.com/document?title=_guides/BCAD_annotate/GD_workingwithtextstyles.html&documentVersion=V22
  • Note that the extra copies of the original post are likely created because the BricsCAD forum software gave the user a "try again" type of message. I often get them myself. I still am unsure of how best to proceed. Should I just ignore it, and assume my post went onto the forum? Should I accept the "try again" message and do so at least once?

-Joe
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited May 2022

.... I want when I add text on a layer that it automatically has the correct font, colour and text height?

You could make a custom version of the Text command, using Lisp. It would detect the active layer, and set the Current Style (and Text Height Override if needed) and Color that you want for text on that layer, and then it would execute the built-in Text command.

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited May 2022

Is the text that is already present on the layer also adjusted?

You could use the Quick Select panel to select all text entities on that layer, and use the Matchprop command to match their Color, Style, and Text Height properties to the new text. That could be part of the above-described custom text command if you want.
  • Joe, just open a second copy of the forum in new tab, and invariably you can see that your post is showing, even if it's still dithering in the tab you sent it from.