How are BIM sections connected to the BIM model?

Conham
edited May 2022 in BricsCAD BIM
I try to figure out how the BIM sections are connected to the BIM model. I have too often lost the connection or found out that a new section block has been created. When this happened the section block often had to be relocated and the annotations had to be redone. This causes the system to feel fragile.

1. I have noticed that the section block is named according to the model file's path, but it also varies so that sometimes the entire path and sometimes only a relative path are specified. How do you check that the path is always relative?

2. If I change the name of an existing section line from eg A1 to A2 in the BIM model, a new section block A2 is created and a new BIM viewport and the section block A1 remain. But if I change the name in the BIM project browser, the section block A1 changes correctly to A2 without any further copy of A1. Is this the recommended and only way to rename section lines to avoid section block copies? And if so, why are there other places one can change the name, like in the proporties for the section entity, if it messes up the connection to the section block?

3. Is it possible to convert a viewport to a BIM viewport (viewport with BIM data) manually, or are they only created by the system?

4. Is it ok to copy or move BIM viewports to other layouts or will this cause the system to be unstable? This is needed because it's only possible to Tag annotate a BIM viewport with the section block it was created for.