DWF file

How do I attach a DWF file in bricscad?

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited May 2022
    There are web sites that say they'll convert DWF files to DWG or PDF format for free. And I would assume that if you download the free DWF viewer, called "Design Review" (apparently an add-on to "DWG TrueView'), you should be able to open the DWF file and print it to PDF, and maybe convert it to DWG using the "TrueConvert" feature of TrueView.

I've never encountered a DWF file. I assume it never caught on. But I have DWG TrueView, without the DWF add-on. For the rest, I'm just going by what the Design Review web site says. If I had just one file to convert, I'd use one of the free online converters.
  • Thank you very much for the answer.
    I will check the way you suggested, hoping it will work.
    In the day-to-day work I am required to attach DWF files which are received from an official authority.
    In the AutoCAD it is possible to attach such a file easily, it is a pity BricsCad did not develop such an option.
    Thank you.
  • avibenita said:

..... it is a pity BricsCad did not develop such an option. ...

You could file a support request and ask that it be added.
  • I file a support request and that tha answer:

An internal task about the implementation of the DWFATTACH command already exists in our system, but unfortunately I cannot say exactly when it will be implemented.

You can convert the .dwf files into .dwg files and then open them in BricsCAD, then export the model to .dwf.