Multiple Components at once from single DWG

Hello, I have a 3D dwg model, it's made of 250 solids (i have more models like this with 500+ solids)
I need to make an exploded view of it and I manage to make it using Fusion 360, but i need something different so I'm moving to Bricscad Mechanical.

Now In order to make an exploded view it's my understanding that every solid needs to be indexed as a component right? So i need to convert every dwg solid into a component. If I select all of them and then use the command "form component" it creates a single giant component, but i need 250 different ones

Is there a way were I can create all those 250 components from the solid at once? Making it one by one is very inconvenient, and I can't find info online on how to do it, probably not knowing the search terms for this

Comments

• Hello Osborn,

I Think the best way to do this is to write a script that converts every 3D solid it finds to a component.

If you are handy with VBA or Lisp you can make one in a few minutes.
    If you need help let me know.

With kind regards
    Robert
  • The attached LISP will convert selected entities into blocks. There are two commands available:

CONVERT2BLOCK
    Creates a single block from the selected objects.

CONVERT2BLOCKS
    Create an individual block for each selected entity.

After you've created your blocks, you can use BMMECH to convert them into components. BMUNMECH can be used to convert components back to blocks.

If you have components that repeat, then I recommend that you use BLOCKIFY first to convert them using a common block definition.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts