"XLINE" (aka CLINE) not being created in CLINE layer, how to change?

I have been trying out a few other Intellicad based programs, and their infinite line is called a CLINE.

In Bricsys, I found that it is called an XLINE.

In the other software, if I created a CLINE, it shows up on the CLINE layer. No matter what layer is active. It didn't matter which Intellicad based software I used, either.

In Bricsys, the XLINE is showing up as an infinite line in the currently selected active layer. I am having to use the match properties function to make the XLINE look like a CLINE, and go to the CLINE layer. Unless the active layer is CLINE.

How can I change the properties of the XLINE so that it shows up where I want it to, automatically? I did not create an XLINE specific layer. I tried to change the line properties of an XLINE after making one, but the next one was created as an infinite line with the properties of the current (but not CLINE) layer. I'm probably doing something wrong as there seems to be many subtle differences with Bricscad vs Icad.

Thank You.

Comments

• @danski0224, Sadly Bricscad doesn't have that facility (at the moment as it is the same in Autocad), so you are going to have to use a lisp from Lee Mac.

lee-mac.com/layerdirector.html

You may need to alter the file to suit the layer you want to use for construction lines as it is presently set at XLINE.

You will need to appload this file so it is available all the time or add it to your on_doc_load.lsp file.

If you don't already know him have a look round his site as there are lots of routines that are very useful and most of them work in Bricscad with no problem.
  • Well, that's kind of a bummer (the XLINE thing).

I have been fighting (without much success) with another program to get it to print from my laptop.

Bricsys printed with no problems. But even with my limited CAD experience, there are many subtle nuances between the two platforms.
  • You can REDEFINE a command I think supported in Bricscad, so make your own Xline command that sets layer 1st then invoke "._XLINE"

Google Redefine Autocad.
  • Tom Foster
    edited July 2022
    I'm interested - what other use of Xline, other than as a short-lived 'helper' line that gets deleted just as soon as it's served its purpose? Or gets trimmed as a permanent line but then given appearance and Layer as appropriate? Why does it need to have a particular appearance or be on a particular Layer?
  • I use "LayerDirectorV1-1.lsp" to put things on the correct layer.
    Already used it in Autocad and it works fine in BricsCAD lt