Why is vplock not on by default on the bottom status bar

robk2020
edited July 2022 in 2D Drafting
Why is vplock not on (as in being visible) in v22 by default on the bottom status bar and how do set it so it is visible by default in each new drawing instead of having to use the dropdown/dropup in the lower right corner to turn on visibility in each new drawing?
V20 had it on by default. Why would they not have it on as default in v22?

Comments

• Hello Rob,

Most settings are not saved within your Bricscad installation, but are actually saved in the DWG file you have active at the time. So If you want to start every new drawing with a certain turned on or on a certain value you have to save it in your Template file.

So open a new drawing, change the setting and than save as a .dwt file.
    Via File>new Wizard select your newly created template as your default template.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited July 2022
    robk2020 said:

Why is vplock not on (as in being visible)....?

The Help Center article on The Status Bar says that the VPLOCK field controls locking, not visibility, of current or selected viewport(s). Locking doesn't make the viewport invisible. It just makes it impossible to zoom or pan inside it, or change its scale.
  • Robert: Thanks I will add to my prototype drawing.
    Anthony: My question had nothing to do with the vplock command functions, it was the fact the vplock command wasn't visible on the status bar by default.
  • There was a problem with VPLOCK disappearing from the Status bar after closing of BricsCAD, it was corrected in V22.2.02: "The VPLOCK status bar pane configuration is now saved correctly even when the pane is temporarily hidden".