how to change color in a block as part of an array

how to change color in a block as part of an array?
more precise;
is there a way of changing the appearance/color of a block that is used in an array?

I do know how to change the color of a block an then make an array of that specific block with that specific color.
But suppose this array is made, and afterwards you want to change the color of a block or blocks or of the complete array.
Is this possible without starting all over with a new array or even exploding an array to change seperate blocks?

Hope someone has an idea, and can give me some help.
Thanks for your input.
Marc

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited July 2022
    Marcus65 said:

..... Is this possible without starting all over with a new array or even exploding an array to change seperate blocks? .....

Why don't you want to explode the associative array? Is it only because you want the array to be in a container object, i.e. something that you can select, move, copy, mirror, etc. as a single object?

If so, you could select all the arrayed objects after exploding the associative array, and make a block out of them. You might have to temporarily move it off to the side so you can select all the objects with a single window or crossing. Then you'd be able to alter any property of any object in that block (including any block insertion nested inside it) without automatically altering the same property of all the corresponding objects in the array.
  • @Anthony Apostolaros Thank you, the reason I like to keep the array intact, is because I want to be able to widen the array or delete parts of it or change some of the parameters, i.e. I like the array command and its possibilities.
  • You can use the ARRAYEDIT command, followed by the ARRAYCLOSE command, for this.
  • FYI
    I succeeded in changing the color of one particular array item.
    The source of the array should have Byblock as color.
    Afterwards you create the array, and then you can change the color of one item by clicking whilst holding the Ctrl-key.
    You can change also other properties of an array item; the scale, and rotation and offset.
    Greetings, Marc