paste text - paste special

Looking for ways to leave AutoCAD behind, but there are a few lingering issues: 1) when we copy text from a column, or columns in Excel (or Word) the text displays in Bricscad as one (long) line. In AutoCAD, more of the original formatting is retained. 2) the other feature I really miss is the ability to make high resolution images out of Bricscad, with user specified settings for width and height (I have mentioned this before in your forum). PDF to raster does not allow much user control since Acrobat exports at set resolutions of 300, 600, 1200 dpi and so on.
John
Kroll Map Company
Seattle

Comments

• Paste special
    PASTESPEC is available in BricsCAD. However, this command isn't available from the right click context menu. It is available from the Edit pull down menu in the "Drafting (toolbars) work space. It is also available from the QUAD. Alternatively you can just type the command in or use the shortcut key Ctrl + Alt + V.

When using PASTESPEC for excel, select either the XML or CSV option to bring in as a table

Print As PDF
    You should be able to customise the built-in "Print As PDF" printer to different sizes and resolutions.
    To do this from PRINT:
    1. Select "Print As PDF" from the list of available devices
    2. Select the edit plotter button.
    3. Under settings, select the Customise Properties... button
    4. Under customise properties you can change your resolution and sizing.

If you're going to customise settings, then you may prefer to work with a copy of this printer definition. This post may be useful in that regard.
    https://www.cadconcepts.co.nz/news/dwg-to-pdf-printer-missing

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • I don't see where this allows to choose jpg or png or other output formats, and to freely set the various quality/size/compression etc factors that each provides. Unless this can be done 'internally', then we have to resort to getting the best possible screen capture.
  • Thank you - in AutoCAD you are given the ability to "paste special as text" and that allows us to change the size and style accordingly. We can not use OLE objects. Regarding the PDF printer I will explore that more as a option, however we like the embedded, high resolution images since it gives us greater control over our copyrighted elements and an embedded image in a pdf works better on our client end, when it comes to the printing of our maps. The rather intense pline structure of our mapping often is too slow on the user end.
    Thank you all for your input. I am really trying to make this work.
  • There are pdf printer drivers that will produce jpg or png directly from Bricscad. I use Bluebeam to create high resolution png files. I don't have full Acrobat but I believe it will, too.
  • Thanks - I will try Bluebeam. Using full Acrobat Pro is another step and it does not let you vary the dpi from the presets of 150, 300 etc.
    John