Bricscad crash

My version of Bricscad LT crashes when I edit a dwg that is referenced by a drawing I have open. In ACAD it is often convenient for us to make a change to a referenced drawing (xref in current drawing) and then reload the xrefed drawing, with changes, in the active drawing (as opposed to closing active drawing, making change to xrefed drawing, and then re-opening main drawing). I wanted you to know, and I hope this makes sense.

Comments

• For me that sounds strange.
    I think that should work.

How should the Working file realize that you edited the Ref File
    as longs a you did not save it ?
    And if saved, it should also not crash.
    I am not completely sure if there is a setting that will recognize
    RefS that changed and will auto update them.
    (AFAIR that is possible and there opens a dialog)

But it should not crash anyway.

So I would think it is worth to file a Service Request and provide your
    files to Support.
  • In AutoCAD I can save a drawing that is open as an xref in my current drawing. Under the xref manager, you see a little symbol that asks for a reload. Once you reload, you do see the revisions made to the xrefed drawings, in the working drawing.
  • That is the way I understood it Bricscad as well.
    But I think it should not crash.

(An App should never crash. maybe a warning it can't or
    don't want to do what you want - but not crash ...

> SR to Bricscad
  • When I was running the v22 demo in Lite mode, I would crash it quite regularly. I was trying to see if I could get nested parametric blocks working. And, like all novices to things, I probably did things in unusual sequences, etc. So, novices are prone to exposing flaws that wouldn't normally show up. So, I didn't consider the crashes to be something I would expect after I get familiar with things.