BricsCAD Mechanical - create a custom 2D drawing view from a 3D model

Hello…

In BricsCAD Mechanical, is there an option or way to create a custom 2D drawing view from a 3D model or assembly?

Inventor and Soldworks have this custom option when generating 2D drawings, wondering is BricsCAD Mechanical has this functionality?

I know how it use the Base, Projected, Section and Detail views options and I know how to rotate the 3D model in the layout (paper space) to get the custom view I want but it's a 3D model and I need the 2D drawing of the 3D model.

What I my looking for is to create a custom 2D drawing view of my choice from a 3D model as a 2D drawing.

Let me know,
Cheers,
Matt

Comments

• MilesAlex
    edited July 2022
    Yes, save your view and name it, then once viewbase is active choose the view name with orientation.
    Hope this helps, I'm rubbish at explaining things.
  • Hello MilesAlex,

Can you create a short video on how you do this?
    Do you create/save your view in model space?
    How do you choose the name view using the Base View command?

Cheers and thanks for your help :)
    Matt
  • There may be other (easier) ways but this is how I create a custom view.
    Position your model in the model viewport to how you want it to appear on the 2d drawing, change to perspective view if you want.
    In the command line type -view
    Choose S (for save)
    Type name of view you want.
    Enter -viewbase > choose E (entire model)
    Enter layout (sheet) name
    Choose orientation then Current, now you will have the 2d version of your current viewport.

• actually you don't need to save the view just enter -viewbase and change the orientation to current.