Is there anyway to ignore the prompt to scale and rotate blocks while inserting from the Library?

I have made a user defined folder in my library with some standard everyday blocks that are drawn to the correct size for the projects I work on. When inserting these blocks is there way to skip the 3 prompts for the scales and rotation without having to entre through them each time?

Comments

• In my older version, I un-check "Specify On-Screen" for Scale and Rotation, and check "Uniform Scale," and it inserts with no prompts other than for a pick point. Those settings are kept until I change them, even after closing and re-starting.

• I think pressing enter after every prompt without entering any specific values would just skip using the defaults which would be the originally as the block was created.
  • I don't use the library, so I am not sure if the following would work. If the process can be done by the command line, it is possible to use that process to enter the scale and rotation. There is also DIESEL commands that may be useful, though I am not familiar with that.

I use a macro to draw spline leaders that don't prompt for a text entry. Many commands can be slightly modified this way.

The benefit of using macros, is that it does not depend on what a user has set for the default in the Insert Block window. But, if you don't need that, the defaults on the Block Insert window is certainly easier.
  • ALANH
    edited July 2022
    Old fashioned like this has the scales preset its a mnu. Been around since Autocad was born.