Way to reset text-position of a dimension?

In AutoCAD there is an option to reset the text position of a dimension value when you moved it.

Does Bricscad also have an option like this? I cannot seem to find something like it.

Thanks again for the help!

Comments

• One of the items in the context menu for a dimension is "Restore text position." I think that does what you want.

You might have to hold the right-click for half a second in order to get context menus.
  • See DIMTEDIT. In this case you would use the restore option.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • Many thanks again Anthony and Jason. With your comments I figured out that I had my right-mouse-configured in a way I don't like it ;-)
    Quad is a fantastic feature, but the right-click giving a context-menu and quad as hover is the best of both worlds.

Thanks again! Using Bricscad is getting more and more fun although I wish the team would do something about the icon-size on 4k resolution. That is either too small or too big. Would like a more AutoCAD-size as an intermediate. But that's something for a different topic/wishlist topic I guess.
  • We've added a right click context menu to the resources section of our website. This is a partial menu that you can add alongside your existing to give access to some of the common tools users look for coming from AutoCAD.
    https://www.cadconcepts.co.nz/resources/context-menus

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • We've added a right click context menu to the resources section of our website. This is a partial menu that you can add alongside your existing to give access to some of the common tools users look for coming from AutoCAD.
    https://www.cadconcepts.co.nz/resources/context-menus

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

Looks good Jason. Thank you for sharing your recources. Good way to start this day! ;-)
  • On my BricsCAD v14, I will often use the Home command. Just start into the Dim command prompt, and type "Home" then select all the dims you want to send to its default position.

-Joe
  • On my BricsCAD v14, I will often use the Home command. Just start into the Dim command prompt, and type "Home" then select all the dims you want to send to its default position.

-Joe

Excellent tip Joe!!! Thank you very much for this simple but highly effective way to restore (multiple) dim-text positions :smiley: