SNAPS and DYN INPUT shortcut

Hi there, I have two questions:
1. I was wondering if it's possible to stretch a line using his grips for a custom value, instead of specifying the full line length. This is without disabling dynamic input. Probably there is a custom key that allows that?

2. for SNAPS, is it possible to activate them for the next point as it happens in autocad with CTRL+RIGHT CLICK?

Thanks, Dennis

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited September 2022
    1. If you enter a distance while drag-stretching any grip, the grip will be moved:
    - the specified distance from the grip's original location
    - in the direction of the drag-stretch, at the moment you pressed Enter or Space.

2. You can right-click during any command and select "Entity Snap Overrides." You might have to hold the right-click for half a second to make the context menu pop up (instead of having the right-click be interpreted as an Enter).
  • ALANH
    edited September 2022
    Some commands support transparent commands, like LIne pt1 '1 then pick a end pt. The '1 is a transparent command where a lisp defun has been made called c:1 it in turn sets osmode where 1 is snap end only

eg
    (defun C:15 ()(setvar "osmode" 15359)) ; sets all snaps on
    (defun C:47 ()(setvar "osmode" 47)(setvar "AUNITS" 0))
    (defun C:99 ()(setvar "osmode" 99))
    (defun C:8 ()(setvar "osmode" 8)) ; node
    (defun C:1 ()(setvar "osmode" 1)) ; set to end
    (defun C:9 ()(setvar "osmode" 9)) ; end and node
    (defun C:0 ()(setvar "osmode" 0))
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited September 2022
    Alan, I use something like that too. It serves both as an osnap override and as an osnap setting.
    If a command is active, it's an override. If not, it's a setting.

;;; --- "aOsnap" -----------------------------------------
    ;;; --- Osnap command only if no command is active (otherwise nil),
    ;;; so that a macro of the form "aOsnap per,endp "
    ;;; can function either as an object snap setting or an object snap override,
    ;;; depending on when it's used.
    (defun c:aOsnap () (if (= (getvar "cmdactive") 0 ) (command "-Osnap") ) )

I have a few alt-key combinations assigned to the osnap combinations that I use:

alt-W = 'aOsnap INT,ENDp,MID,CEN,QUA,NEA,NOD_
    alt-X = 'aOsnap PER_ (because PER doesn't play well with others)
    alt-T = 'aOsnap TAN_
    alt-E - 'aOsnap NON_
  • I think you are looking for shift-rightclick (Auto CAD uses both shift-rightclick and ctrl-rightclick)