PICKFIRST Difference from v18 to v21

How can i get BricsCad v21 to use the polylines selected before a PEDIT - Multiple command? I set PICKFIRST but v21 asks for me to reselect polylines after the PEDIT - M command.

I select Plines this way to join them. Will I need to forget the PEDIT command and use the JOIN command?
I would prefer to continue to join Plines like I did with v15 and v18.

Upgrading has required a lot of setup customization just to get similar performance to the previous fairly generic setup.

Comments

• 1st para - me too.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited September 2022
    This custom command joins a pre-selected set of lines, polylines, and/or arcs into a single polyline.
    Or at least it does that in v17. I don't have v21. Let me know if it works.
    Sometimes it leaves you still in the pedit command, requiring an Esc. I don't know why, so I can't fix it
    Other than that, there's nothing to do but select the objects and issue the command.

(defun c:JoinInto ()
    (setq ss1 (ssget "P"))
    (princ "Join lines, arcs, polylines into a single polyline. ")
    (setq ss1 (ssget '((0 . "LINE,ARC,POLYLINE,LWPOLYLINE"))))
    (setq ent1 (ssname ss1 0))
    (setq ent1codes (entget ent1))
    (setq type1 (cdr (assoc 0 ent1codes) ))
    (if (= type1 "LWPOLYLINE") (command "Pedit" ent1 "j" ss1 "" ))
    (if (/= type1 "LWPOLYLINE") (command "Pedit" ent1 "y" "j" ss1 "" ""))
    )
  • Thanks for the joininto routine Anthony.
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any of my lisp routines to run in v18 or v21.
    Your routine errors out just like mine. That's got to be my setup and not your code.

So I'll just change the way I connect plines by using the Join command.
    Upgrading from v15 then to v18 and finally to v21 has not been easy due to the need for customization.
    v18 and v21 are good but don't behave like my previous setup.

And, Tom, I wish we had an answer. At this point if I could get v15 working again I'd celebrate.

For those who plan to go from a really old version to a new version of BricsCad, I strongly suggest what saved my sanity. I installed a second hard drive and a manual selector switch. i upgraded my operating system software, BricsCad and other software. Now I can boot to either my old, reliable setup or my upgraded setup just by pressing a selector button.

I've been running old reliable for 11 months just to get work done. I'm still trying to work out the glitches in both v18 and v21.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited October 2022

..... Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any of my lisp routines to run in v18 or v21. .....

Have you tried loading them one at a time? I think loading a function that contains an error can sometimes cause all the others to fail too.

Any function that's autoloaded could be the culprit. But if you disable all autoloading, and then re-boot Bricscad and manually load one .lsp file at a time until there's an error message, you should be able to find it.

That might be a daunting task if you have a lot of lisp functions. I just did a count and found that I autoload 395 functions, in 11 .lsp files. But there are some functions that I would suspect more than others, and I could start with those if I have that problem when I finally get around to upgrading from v17.