Can i print isolate layers in gray scale

Hello,
I have an architect's plan. Now I want to lock the isolate the original layers of the plan and when I print the plan the layers are light gray. So that my added layers are more visible. Is there any setting for this? I do not want to adjust the original colors of the layers. I am working with bricscad lite.
Greetings,
Johan

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited October 2022
    If all the archtitect's entities are on different layers than your entities, and if they all have Bylayer color, you could specify Viewport Color = grey for all those layers. Double-click into the viewport, open the Layers dialog, select all the architect's layers, and then go over to the VP Color column and select whichever grey you want. Their color in modelspace won't be affected.

Or you could copy all the architect's entities, and put all those new entities on a new layer and make them all grey, and then freeze all the layers the originals are on.

But these ideas only work if all the blocks were set up properly for it. If not, you'll have to do something more, like explode all the blocks on that new layer in the second suggestion.
  • ALANH
    edited October 2022
    I did something similar, if you take the architects dwg as is and set the color to grey all done, you can use shift etc in the layer manager to change multiple layers.

Ok so you want to see colors in model, then a 2nd idea add Archi- to every layer from the architect, then like Anthony can change VPLAYER color, using Layer manager or a lisp.
  • Thank you for the replies, I'll be sure to check it out