Can you rotate the WUCS?

I would like to rotate the WUCS in MS. I do not want to rotate the dwg entities themselves as I am using an Ordnance Survey base map and do not want to lose o mess up the coordinates. In effect I'd like the north to point to the right rather than to the top of the drawing (i.e. rotate the X and Y axis by 90 degrees - NOT use a different a different view as I'm working in 2D). In AutoCad, you simply right clicked on the UCS icon and selected 'rotate UCS' but I cannot find a way/command to replicate this in BricsCad.

Comments

• You can have any direction you like as current ucs, the real world will still be there if needed.

The simplest for 90 would be draw a vertical line dont snap 3d points, then UCS OB, you will see the cross hairs change, if you want to draft in this mode type Plan. I would also do UCS S yourucsname. This way at any time you want real world co-ords do UCS W, you can type plan. You can get any UCS you have saved by using UCS R yourUCSname. We did road design so layout plan view were always rotated. Setout was in real world co-ords.

Ps Create layouts following pline.lsp
  • Try making a square in 2D touch the edges and use USC in quad. Different edges different rotations.
    Rotate the square try again.