Issue with Hatches

I've run into the typical "jagged hatch" pattern issue where hatches (especially Gravel and Concrete) appear exploded and broken. Typically I would either move my UCS to where I'm working in model space, or pick a new origin within the Hatch dialog box. Now however I've noticed that after doing either of these steps the hatch is still jagged.

I have noticed that after doing this the Origin Point for the hatch as shown under properties is still -34400',8297', so it doesn't seem like changing my UCS or adjusting the pick point for the origin is working. My get-around fix for this now is to manually chance the X point under Origin Point in properties which corrects the problem for that specific hatch but isn't fixing the issue globally.

Any ideas?

Comments

• What's the value of your HPORIGIN variable? Mine is 0",0" and I don't have that problem.
  • My HPORIGIN is set to 0",0" but the most recent hatch I made had another far off origin at "-34412'-1 1/2", 8291'-6 1/4"". I've tried setting a specific origin and using the "Use Current Origin" options when making a new hatch, always the same weird xy location.
  • Sounds like an API file interfering somewhere. What's in your Program Files/BricsCAD.../Support/on_doc_load.lsp file? And are there any AutoLoad files listed in your Tools>Load Application panel?

Or you could just try un-checking any AutoLoad files, and temporarily renaming "on_doc_load.lsp" to something else. Then start a new DWG file and see if you still have the problem.
  • I don't have any Applications listed under the Load Application panel. I'm having the same weird hatch origin location despite my UCS and HPorigin both being set close to the section I'm trying to hatch, even on a different .dwg file then what I was working on earlier in the week.

I can only find a on_doc_load.default.lsp file, which references the on_doc_load.lsp file but finding the file proves difficult.

I do have about six .lsp that load on startup, but not of those have anything to do with hatches.
  • I was able to finally find the on_doc_load.lsp file under the DesignSense (a partner of BricsCAD) program files folder, I changed the name of the file but it had no effect.
  • I don't know DesignSense. It sounds like it might add a programming interface, maybe in a language other than lisp. If so, can you disable it temporarily to see if it's causing the problem?
  • I uninstalled DesignSense, but it didn't resolve the problem. After a little more digging, I see that the UCS Origin is locked to "UCSORG = 33675'-4 1/2",-6901'-11 1/4",0" (read only)". This is the same origin for hatches.

Is there a way to turn off read only on the UCS origin?
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited October 2022
    I've never played with coordinate systems, but it looks like there's a Coordinate Systems tab in the Drawing Explorer that allows you to create & delete UCS's and select their origin points and select which one is current. So that should allow you to correct the problem for now.

But you still might have an API problem. If you didn't create that UCS and set it as the current one and give it that odd origin point, then either you've been using a DWG file or template in which someone else did that, or else an add-on lisp function or other program must have done it for you, and it might do it again.