Simple (User Interface) Way/App to Create/Edit Custom Button Macros

One from my small group of engineering staff and P/T BricsCAD Lite users asks if there is a method or available third-party app that expedites creation of user-defined custom button macros.

Thanks,
Clint

Comments

• Making custom menu's ribbon or toolbars is the easier part of making "macros"

1 Do you have the macros are they lisp etc

2 What do you want a Pop menu, a Toolbar or a Ribbon.

I have looked at making Ribbons taking a text file approach and making a CUI its a xml file answer.
  • Thanks!

Answers to 1 and 2: After clarification, I find the user actually prefers shortcuts.
    Macros are needed eventually. See bold statement below.

To create shortcuts in OtherCAD (AutoCAD), there is the ALIASEDIT command.

QUESTION
    What is the equivalent to ALIASEDIT in BricsCAD?

I am researching the above topic as well.

CURRENT ENVIRONMENT
    With my directed return to "OtherCAD" about a two years ago as my company's sole F/T CAD person, I must brush the rust off my previous BricsCAD setup and use (starting in Platinum 2019 provided via our CADWorx maintenance at that time).

The handful of engineers that I am helping are on current version BricsCAD Lite having no training and only occassionally performing process diagram and electrical diagram creating/editing. They are now frustrated and need the most basic of training first.

My prior "OtherCAD" LISP-based customization will be applied. Much of the "heavy lifting" will be performed with a customized on_start.lsp that includes variable settings and custom lisp routines by others along with keyboard shortcut for these lisps.

OTHER
    I will compose a separate post on customized Palette creation.
  • "customized Palette creation" The use of Pop menu is very easy to make you dont need to use the CUI editor just make a MNU file using notepad and menuload it, for inexperienced its pretty straight forward to click on a custom menu and select an option. Note in image the client menu options for testing plus my custom menu.

Add all your shortcut defuns into 1 lisp and use appload adding to the startup list.

An extra help to manage multiple people is if you all are on a server put all your custom stuff there, set support path so can be found. If you change a menu save to server, the next time a user starts Bricscad they will have the latest version, your in control so makes updating easy.
  • chillme1 said:

QUESTION
    What is the equivalent to ALIASEDIT in BricsCAD?

In BricsCAD use CUSTOMIZE or CUI. Look for the tab labelled Command Aliases. Following changes, users need to run REINIT to reload the pgp alias file.
    chillme1 said:

OTHER
    I will compose a separate post on customized Palette creation.

If you're looking to give access to blocks, then I recommend you check out the Content Browser, CONTENTBROWSEROPEN.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V22 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • Perfect! I appreciate your comments, Jason.
  • AlanH,

I thank you for your screenshot and advice. I may try this approach.