BricsCAD feel vs A-CAD

I keep re-visiting BricsCAD over the years. I'm excited by the potential - but I can never quite make the leap. My use is for 2D plan drawing - I have no use for any 3D stuff.

I keep trying to learn to use BricsCAD the BricsCAD way (like leveraging the Quad) instead of turning it into an AutoCAD clone. But there are things that just don't *feel* right. Somehow moving the cursor around the screen, interacting with grips/handles/magnets, it always feels like I'm fighting with BricsCAD rather than working with it. It's difficult to be more specific than that - simply that using the mouse is a very different, and unpleasant, experience.

Any insights in how I can overcome this?

Comments

• Does it help if you change SNAPTYPE (in SETTINGS dialog or at the command line)?
  • No - because I have snap off.
  • Check your SELECTIONMODES setting. Maybe you have boundary detection switched on.
  • That was my biggest problem as well (Selectionmodes - BOUNDARY DETECTION!!!!)...but once you have it, you realize how and where you can use it...I also like how in multiple commands you can select multiple items as opposed to only one item as opposed to some commands in ACAD.
  • I have found that setting SNAPTYPE to 1, fixed my issue. I was finding that my mouse cursor, while moving an object would stick with whole number units. Thanks to Own Wengerd for his response.