Multi thread support?

Is there any news on full Multi threading support in Bricscad?

Comments

• I don' think so.
    I see we have 12 flags.

Is there anything special that you miss ?

I personally would rather prefer better 3D View GPU performance.
    And for Selections in large Files.
  • AFAIK most of the core features of all CAD programs, not just Brics, are fundamentaly incapable of multithreading - which is why, for CAD, max clock speed trumps any measure of multithreaded performance.
  • AFAIK most of the core features of all CAD programs, not just Brics, are fundamentaly incapable of multithreading - which is why, for CAD, max clock speed trumps any measure of multithreaded performance.

This is true.
    Nevertheless I think Bricscad is far from being one of the
    worst Apps, concerning CPU multithreading support.
    I think when opening data, imports, some AI or modeling
    operations that pays off well.

Nevertheless I also use a faster App overall even with less
    optimised CPU multithreading support. So I think there is still
    some room for improvement in Bricscad for typical CAD data
    shifting and dsiplaying.
  • ALANH
    edited October 2022
    The biggest improvement is to look at what is being done manually over and over and pay someone to improve that. Your dwg standards are met also as programs work to correct layers etc.

I do commercial code and latest big one we are talking 4 hours manual around 1 minute now, what is pay rate for 4*60-1 $hr rate saving. Others are just minutes but now seconds, as fast as the operator can keep up.

The use of customisation is just so hard to sell to bosses as it costs to implement. 3rd party add on's can make massive time savings in projects.

Thats why forums based on Lisp have like 20 posts a day. Most time everybody wants it for free though.