BIM IFC advice

Hey everyone,

My name is Sander and I am new to this forum. I don't know Bricscad yet, but I've already looked through the forum and see several topics about revit and BIM. I can't quite find my desired answer, so I'm trying this way.

We are a construction company and we make extensive use of IFC models. I am looking for a package where we can load IFC models and assess our work. We do not draw ourselves (or very little), but we judge drawings.
In revit it is possible to load IFC models, but the big problem there is that if I want to change the layout, all shared parameters have to be created. If I get a fitted/new model, I can start over.

Bricscad seems to handle this information well, but I would like to hear from you about your experiences and whether this package suits my needs.

A few examples of what I would like to make my story clear:
Example 1:
I have an IFC model from the architect and I receive interior walls (IFC) from the supplier.
1. I add the supplier's model to the architect
2. After that, the architect I wants to make the inner walls transparent
3. Then I want to judge what the differences are and possibly add various sizing lines.
4. When I receive a new model from the supplier. I want to throw out the old model and do step 3 again.

Example 2:
The walls of the supplier are final
1. I load the final model into the architect's model
2. I have a default view (template?) where the architect's walls are turned off and the supplier's on (based on preset parameters)
3. I add dimensions and have a working drawing for the carpenter

I hope someone can help and answer me.

Comments

• Ok. Let my ask it easier.
    I have seen the movie from type plans.

Is it possible to see the type plan in 3D?
  • > Is it possible to see the type plan in 3D?

I doubt.
    I'm not sure but I think their intention is for Viewports only.
    To create different Viewport characteristics from a single 3D model.

If I got your case correct, I think it is more about a Set of "Layer States"
    Although it looks like settings like Layer Transparency are not included.

And as you deal with file imports/exchange ....
    Layer States would only work if all are using "by Layer" settings instead
    "by Object". And it would fail with each exchange if clients add or change
    Layers and assignments.

Maybe others have better ideas ....