Can't do page setup name

Hi,
It doesn't allow me to enter Page setup name, It's been like this quite awhile. Also why I can't adjust the printing window margin (Dotted line).

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited October 2022
    I think the dotted-line rectangle represents the printable area. That's determined by the printer. You can only change it by changing the printer or the paper size.

If you change to Print As PDF, for example, which can print on the entire virtual page, that dotted-line rectangle should disappear, because it will be in exactly the same place as the solid-line rectangle representing the paper size.

If you uncheck "Display paper background" in the Settings dialog, the solid-line rectangle will disappear. Then you'll see the dotted-line rectangle no matter which printer is selected. That will also get rid of the grey background outside of the paper-size area.

The part about page setup name is even harder to explain in words, but if you do this it might give you a tacit understanding of how it works:
    1. Open the Drawing Explorer.
    2. Select the "Page Setups" tab.
    You should see a list of all the drawing tabs, with asterisks by their names.
    (If you double-click on one of them, it should open a Page Setup dialog for that Tab.)
    3. Click on "New" at the top of the Page Setups tab of Drawing Explorer.
    4. Create a new Page Setup.
    The new Page Setup's name will not have asterisks by it.
    5. Double-click on that new Page Setup.
    That should open a Page Setup dialog for the current drawing tab, but using that Page Setup.
    The name of the new Page Setup should appear after "Page setup name:" at the top.
  • I think the dotted-line rectangle represents the printable area. That's determined by the printer. You can only change it by changing the printer or the paper size.

If you change to Print As PDF, for example, which can print on the entire virtual page, that dotted-line rectangle should disappear, because it will be in exactly the same place as the solid-line rectangle representing the paper size.

If you uncheck "Display paper background" in the Settings dialog, that solid-line rectangle will disappear. Then you'll see the dotted-line rectangle no matter which printer is selected. That will also get rid of the grey background outside of the paper-size area.

The part about page setup name is even harder to explain in words, but if you do this it might give you a tacit understanding:
    1. Open the Drawing Explorer.
    2. Select the "Page Setups" tab.
    You should see a list of all the drawing tabs, with asterisks by their names.
    (If you double-click on one of them, it should open a Page Setup dialog for that Tab.)
    3. Click on "New" at the top of the Page Setups tab of Drawing Explorer.
    4. Create a new Page Setup.
    The new Page Setup's name will not have asterisks by it.
    5. Double-click on that new Page Setup.
    That should open a Page Setup dialog for the current drawing tab.
    The name of the new Page Setup should appear after "Page setup name:" at the top.

I haven't print a drawing for a very long time so I lost some memory of it. Thank you for your help.

James