BIM section views to layout names

I have a 2D drawing that contains a number of paper space layout tabs. These are numbered S01, S02, S03 etc.

I have the 3D model which I have created various BIM section views.

What I want to do is generated the section views on the 3D using "Define Section" command and send them to the 2D drawing that contains the paper space tabs.

I can select the target drawing in the 3D section properties box but where do I set the layout tab name so the view is generated on the correct PS tab. It seems to only work if the tab name is "Layout1"

I am using V20 BIM.

thx

Comments

• Hi Ian, the best practice in Bricscad BIM is to use one layout for each sheet drawing although we do allow in later versions (starting from V22 I believe) to select a layout when creating a sheet. For initial generation of sections it will use a template. The shipped template has multiple layouts, reflecting papersizes. In the current sheetset setup dialog, you can choose what Layout of the template to use.

If you want to overlay existing drawings, is it not an easier practice to XREF them in the automatically generated section drawing?
  • Thanks Piet for your quick reply.

I understand how it works now so I will split the 2D drawing into separate files and use "Layout1" on each PS tab.

Such a great feature being able to create 2D drawings this way from the 3D model.

regards