MOVE command unreliable

Many times when I issue the MOVE command from a toolbar button the selected entities jump offscreen instead of allowing selection of before and after points. This seems to be random and I have not found a way to reliably cause the unwanted jump. My guess is that Bricscad is using a stored point for one of the two point entries, but I have not been able to verify this or to find a previous command that triggers the jump behavior.

When a move operation fails I generally UNDO to get the entities back to their original position then press ESC several times, after which the toolbar command works as expected. I found one reference online to the same problem in Autocad but no solution. The unwanted jump happens once or twice a week.

My toolbar command is ^P^C^C^Cc:m^P , which calls
(defun c:M () (while (< 0 (getvar "cmdactive")) (command)) (command "_.move") (princ) )

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited November 2022
    I don't see how it fits what you described, but hitting "Enter" when prompted for a pick point can have confusing results if you do it inadvertently. Does the right-click button on your mouse produce an Enter code? Sometimes an aging mouse will issue unintended click codes.
  • Dont understand "m" is a default shorthand command for move maybe ^c^c(command "move" pause "" pause pause)
  • Thanks.

My guess is that something is triggering the Displacement option in the command. I've had this happen with two different brands of mouse. I could be hitting the RMB unintentionally, or there could be bounce in the switches. I have to wait for it to happen again then hope I remember to stop and investigate.

I think I tried using the command line lisp Alan posted but the problem persisted. I'll try it again to be sure.