Data Extraction

Hi,

I have a bunch of stands and want to export their areas to Excel so that I can sort it. I am able to do this by drawing them with polylines and then creating a Data Extraction and selecting polylines and area.

My problem is that I can't distinguish them from each other. All of them just have "Polyline" in the name column.

Is there a way to add a tag to a polyline that I can set as the stand numbers so that I can add it as a column in the Data Extraction? I see there is a "Handle" property, but I can't edit it.

I'm leaving for the day, so I will only be able to respond tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited November 2022
    An entity's handle is stored in its DXF group code 5. So if you're using Lisp to create the Excel file, you can include the handles in the table.

To see which polyline has a particular handle, you can create a custom command that prompts the user for that handle and then executes the SELGRIPS command, with the (handent) function specifying which entity to select and grip. Or it could read the Excel file and let the user select the handle from a list.
  • Thanks, I will give it a try.
  • you could use the hyperlink property for it. Although you need to go into a dialog to edit it.
  • Why not label the plines and export the label and the area together.

Ok the simple answer is search for text then get area that is surrounding it, do not need plines just a closed shape can do hundreds etc.

This has been asked so many times just google, note Lisp.

One I am working on now is label common areas with same number then do count of area, put results in table.
  • Piet said:

you could use the hyperlink property for it. Although you need to go into a dialog to edit it.

Thanks Piet! Using the hyperlink is an easy solution!
    ALANH said:

Why not label the plines and export the label and the area together.

Ok the simple answer is search for text then get area that is surrounding it, do not need plines just a closed shape can do hundreds etc.

This has been asked so many times just google, note Lisp.

One I am working on now is label common areas with same number then do count of area, put results in table.

Thanks ALANH, how do you get the surrounding area? My Lisp skills are next to non-existent.
  • For a closed area so does not need to be a pline, with text inside just use BPOLY and the text insertion point as the pick point. Then entlast is the bpoly and can get the property area. Then erase bpoly dont need it any more.
  • Thanks, bpoly will save me a lot of time in the future.
  • Hi guys, I found a lsp that writes text inside polylines to a csv file. I adapted it to get the areas of the polylines as well and add it in a column next to the text column.

It works perfect for what I wanted. You just run the command and select all the polylines and it creates the csv file in the same folder as the dwg.

I attached the lsp if you want to have a look.

Thanks for the help.
  • Just a big hint you can open excel and write direct from Bricscad, start with GETEXCEL.lsp