BIM Book

Hello.
I'm a long term Briscad user (as an architect) and would like to move into working with BIM.
I've been working in 3D using solids, and Blender or Twinmotion as renderes.

I know I learned a lot of my CAD knowledge by reading Autocad's user manual (for version 14...back in the day :-)

Can you suggest a good book to use as reference to start, and to better understand BIM ?

Thanks

Comments

  • no one? :-(
  • Hi Nuno,

    I would recommend you this Book
    https://www.amazon.de/BIM-Leitfaden-2-Struktur-Christoph-Eichler/dp/3937654992

    It's a short explanation, about BIM and how to use it. But the main part is how model BIM-Models.
    As an Architect, you can easily understand all these drawings, all thought it's in German language.

    Franz
  • Hello,

    There are some documents created by BricsCAD as well related to BIM, but it is a bit older. Here is the link: https://boa.bricsys.com/static/files/BIM-Training-V20.pdf
    Furthermore you can find documentation about BIM on the Help page as well: https://help.bricsys.com/en-us/document/bricscad-bim?version=V24&id=16507930201536

    Besides, on Youtube there are some videos that might be helpful about BIM on BricsCAD: Bim Academy: and What is new in V23:
  • fs_at12 said:

    Hi Nuno,

    I would recommend you this Book
    https://www.amazon.de/BIM-Leitfaden-2-Struktur-Christoph-Eichler/dp/3937654992

    It's a short explanation, about BIM and how to use it. But the main part is how model BIM-Models.
    As an Architect, you can easily understand all these drawings, all thought it's in German language.

    Franz

    Thanks, but I can't read german (would be fine with english, french, italian, spanish or portuguese, but not german :-)
  • fs_at12
    edited February 9
    Hi Nuno,

    sorry, maybe it was a wrong "expression" from my side.

    You do not need to read anything in German. The book shows you away how to model.
    It shows you a way how to handle the connections that are not the common connection, "wall-slab- room".
    You know this is only 10% of a building, the other 90% of a building are non-standard connections.
    The book is not related to any software application, it is simple BIM Modeling and shows the connections how it should be displayed in different scales 1:200,1:100,1:50.

    As an architect, you can read and understand all drawings without any German text.

    I recommend you to have this book as a reference when you are stuck because you do not know what would be a good way to model a connection.

    Franz
  • Hello.
    I'm a long term Briscad user (as an architect) and would like to move into working with BIM.
    I've been working in 3D using solids, and Blender or Twinmotion as renderes.

    I know I learned a lot of my CAD knowledge by reading Autocad's user manual (for version 14...back in the day :-)

    Can you suggest a good book to use as reference to start, and to better understand BIM ?

    Thanks

    May I ask, do you usually use TPYEPLAN to issue construction drawings?
  • haven't used typeplans yet. Still learning BIM in early stages.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!