customize ribbon tabs

Is there a way to customize the built-in ribbon tabs via a partial cui?
For the most part, I'm content with the standard arrangement of ribbon panels in v23 complete workspace. However, I do make several minor tweaks, such as changing the order of certain panels and adding some not shown by default. I'm tired of redoing this for every workspace, much less upon every new version or re-install.
I use a partial menu to maintain my custom commands and toolbars but can't figure out how to apply it to the default ribbon. In the Customize dialog, I cannot append any ribbon panels from the main Bricscad collection; Select Ribbon Panel shows only those panels defined in my custom menu group. So I tried replicating RibbonTabSource and RibbonPanelSource references in my partial cui file, but the command buttons still don't find the menu macro images as defined in the main modern.cui. Thus most (but not all?) buttons show up blank or with question marks. I must be missing an easier method.

Comments

• I dont do anything in ribbons only because you have to use CUI to edit it. If you google there are lots of yuotube about making custom CUI.

The cui is basically a file of xml commands. I have one custom cui, I made it pretty sure following a youtube video.

I was looking at making CUI from say notepad or excel spreadsheet much like how a pop menu is made, it on my to do list.
  • ALANH said:

I dont do anything in ribbons only because you have to use CUI to edit it. If you google there are lots of yuotube about making custom CUI.

The cui is basically a file of xml commands. I have one custom cui, I made it pretty sure following a youtube video.

I was looking at making CUI from say notepad or excel spreadsheet much like how a pop menu is made, it on my to do list.

Yeah, my conclusion is that it's fastest to just edit the .cui file. To arrange buttons and ribbons, etc., for the first time, the Customize dialog is okay—although rather than shuffling between two parallel lists in the modal dialog, it would be so much nicer to be able to simply drag icons directly, as most modern guis do, into the desired position in the workspace from a modeless master list. However, all of that is too slow and forgettable to redo every so often. Easier to compare changes across 30,000 lines of xml to modify the cui file directly.