different text widths problem

hello bricscad,

firstly, please excuse my wording. i am not a native speaker.

so we stumbled on a weird text behaviour recently and dont know how to solve this.
we have 2 different pcs running bricscad. when a collegue opens a drawing, their text is looking normal.
if i open the very same drawing without any changes were made, the text is all over the place.

we believe this is most likely caused by different defined text width values. but how is this even possible?

if you have any idea, please let us know.
thank you!

Comments

• Most likely some fonts are missing on your computer. In such cases BricsCAD will use a substitute.
  • There may be fonts named the same on each computer but are actually different fonts.
  • There may be fonts named the same on each computer but are actually different fonts.

oof. really?
    so to test this i copy all fonts from the computer where the fonts look right to the one where they do not. or am i missing sth?
    thank you!
  • Are you using any fonts that do not come with Bricscad? Before I copied any fonts I would check the SRCHPATH list in Settings on both computers. Bricscad searches for files in the folders listed in SRCHPATH in the order that the folders are listed.

I have a folder named Cadmaster that holds all of the customization files I use daily in Bricscad. Cadmaster has a sub-folder named Fonts that holds copies of the fonts I use regularly. "C:\Cadmaster" is the first entry in SRCHPATH. "C:\Cadmaster\2004 Base Symbols" (which holds my standard blocks) is second. "C:\Cadmaster\_Fonts" is third. All the standard folders for Bricscad are after those three in the list. This assures that my custom CUI files, custom LISP files, standard blocks, and fonts are not changed by other programs or by program updates.