BIM MEP Support

Hi All! I am looking for someone to give me a half day, (well paid), to sit in on some BIM work. I am an MEP designer with a truck load of R*vit experience, but want to move to Brics. If you regularly use Brics BIM for MEP, please get in touch.

Comments

• Hi,

Are you looking for training for BricsCAD BIM in combination with AX3000? https://www.bricsys.com/en-us/bricscad-for-mep

AX3000 provides training courses, see here

Best regards,

Ruben

• Hi Ruben, thanks for your response. I am reluctant to use AX300. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a really interesting piece of kit, but I already have software for sizing services and software for thermal modelling. I would expect that software calling itself BIM would be sufficient for modelling MEP. I haven't found any tutorials etc for MEP via Brics and would be mightily disappointed if it transpires that in actual fact it only serves architects and I need another 3rd party software to do MEP. Do you know if MEP is possible natively in Brics? If I do need an AX3000 licence, will my colleagues also need one?
  • Hi,

BricsCAD BIM natively offers general MEP modeling tools you can use without 3rd party applications. You could start with this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nArSqJJN_bw

Can I ask what software you use for sizing and modeling?

Best regards,

Ruben
  • Thanks Ruben. I have been though a few of the "look how easy this is" videos, but I have immediately run into the sorts of problems that make me nervous about just how capable it is. So my question could have been a little more precise, such as "do people actually use native MEP in Brics as a means for production of PAS192 compliant engineering design and information exchange?" I get it, though. R*vit is not intuitive, I just happen to know the workflow and the common issues when stuff doesn't go into the model properly. I need a 'ground up' lesson to get enough of a handle on how to effectively work with the package, with the Brics workflow.
    For sizing, I used to use Hevacomp. Ugly but solid. Now packaged with B*ntley's BIM offer, so I use MEPWorx, (formerly Cymap). It has its own issues, but I can get it to produce reliable and verifiable results. Although MEPWorx also does a small amount of thermal modelling, I use IES for that because it does dynamic simulations, CFD and Radiance. It too has problems and despite having export options for gbxml, ifc and Revit, the results are dreadful.