Revert to an earlier release

Is there an easy way to revert to an earlier release? I'd like to look at V23.1.08-1 but the installer reports (correctly) that I have a newer version installed.

Comments

• You can uninstall the later release, then install the older release. I recommend to manually delete user files and HKCU registry key before installing the older release to ensure that you're using the factory files and default settings relevant for the older release.
  • Thank you for reminding me about .08 release.

On Mac or Windows ?

On Mac I installed another V23 German.
    AFAIR I renamed my BricsCAD V23.app to BricsCAD V23 US.app before installing.
    And renamed the US version back after.
    This is when I want another installation. Could also have deleted the US version
    in case it was just about switching language versions.

On Windows I have a problem more the other way round.
    Apps, especially Unreal Engine or Twinmotion do not update but install an other
    50+ GB version for each little update beside the previous installations.

So the first thing I would try is to hide the BricsCAD program folder by renaming
    or moving.
  • I recommend to manually delete user files and HKCU registry key before.

That's a good idea !

I did not as I expected Bricscad to not contaminate en_US Settings Folder but
    create a new a new de_DE Folder - which it did.

But I would back up the Setting Folder by renaming or hiding instead of deleting
    though.

On the other hand, if you somehow have a newer Version of V23, as I have here
    too, newer Bricscad will potentially contaminate your official Version's settings
    anyway.
    And in latest versions it even feels a bit like V22 and V23 Settings are no more 100%
    separated, as they were previously - but I am not sure.
  • Thanks.

I run Windows LTSC. It would be Linux if I didn't have other programs that are Windows only.